||C++ Senior Developer
The RiskEngine team within Risk IT are responsible for calculation and reporting of Risk and P&L data across a wide range of businesses, predominantly Rates, Credit and EM, currently expanding to include Equities amongst others. Our clients include the Front Office who require the valuations to exploit trading opportunities, Transaction Management Group requiring detailed reports about the positions being traded on a daily basis and downstream groups within our company who need the data for client and regulatory reporting, internal risk management etc.
The team are organised within Front Office IT and operate in a very client focussed environment. We are required to react rapidly to business requirements for new functionality from our varied clients whilst maintaining global consistency and stability of the application. This leads to a rewarding balance of short projects rapidly delivering business benefit and longer term strategic development projects. The overall team has recently made several new hires which has introduced a strong culture of innovation and discussion around new technologies, overall architecture and technology direction.
Some of the key core components of the system are written in C++. Specifically a UNIX based ReportServer and an EXCEL Addin. Much of the functionality is delivered via these 2 main components. The ReportServer provides a high-performance in-memory database and calculates some derived risk data and P&L.
There are also many and various web applications using java servlets and JSP technologies. We also provide a .NET desktop application ( to replace EXCEL ) for many users which hides much of the complexity of our underlying server-based architecture. So we are required to have an eclectic mix of technology skills.
We are looking for a strong developer in C++ with a strong knowledge of Object Oriented programming with proved knowledge developing milt
Требования к кандидату
|Общий стаж работы:
||от 3 лет до 6 лет
|Работа с компьютером:
Essential Technical Skills:
• Strong C++ developer –Including multithreaded apps, STL containers and STL algorithms.
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and v6
• Excellent Object Oriented Programming and design knowledge
• SQL experience. Understanding of database concepts.
• UNIX including shell scripts and Perl
• Confident, articulate, enthusiastic and able to operate independently
• Very strong written and oral communication skills to wide ranging audiences from offshore developers to traders are essential
Preferable Technical Skills:
• Use of a C++ class library such as RogueWave or Boost
• Oracle or Sybase/SQL Server Databases
• Hibernate / Coherence / JMS / GWT / Struts 2 all beneficial
• Maven / Hudson beneficial.
• Familiarity with Spreadsheets and Excel
• Ability to understand the concept of quality software development and the compromises of real world situations
• Experience within a global team working with colleagues and clients in numerous worldwide locations would be beneficial.
Education / Qualifications Req:
• Degree or equivalent
Language Required: English
Знание иностранных языков